Coffee is an essential part of our daily lives. Whether you order a cappuccino, latte macchiato, or a regular coffee, we all expect a perfectly prepared cup of coffee. To be able to offer this quality, employers in the hospitality and catering industry need skilled baristas. The coffee market is rapidly developing, and employers cannot keep up with the pace. This means that there is a great need for (re)training in the field of coffee preparation. Fortunately, there are many job openings for baristas, and companies are also willing to offer you a training program. By following this Learning Playlist Barista basis, you can work independently as a barista and prepare and advise customers on perfect coffee specialties. This Learning Playlist contains various badges that are all valuable, but the Playlist Masterbadge is the ultimate goal to achieve. Join us and become a great barista!
If you are interested in preparing and advising on coffee, both routine and specific knowledge and skills are necessary. As a barista, you always work in interaction with others, and it is important to be alert and hospitable when providing services. Mornings can be busy times when a lot of coffee is sold, so you must be stress-resistant and able to work in a structured way. As a starting barista, you work independently and are responsible for your own tasks. Within your authority, you resolve complaints, and if necessary, you ask your supervisor for help.
The beginner Barista basis who wants to advise on and prepare coffee:
- has basic knowledge of Robusta and Arabica beans
- has basic knowledge of coffee equipment and coffee-related materials and tools
- has basic knowledge of cleaning agents in the food industry
- has basic knowledge of different types of coffee tableware
- has knowledge of the process from coffee bean to coffee
- has knowledge of coffee brewing methods
- has specialized knowledge of allergens in coffee preparation
- has specialized knowledge of coffee bean roasting processes and origins and sustainability of coffee
- can distinguish between the main coffee types
- can assess coffee quality
- can adjust coffee equipment
- can describe the taste of coffee professionally
- can operate a professional espresso machine
- can align guest requests with the assortment
- can prepare different types of coffee
If you want to know more about how to get the most out of this Learning Playlist, contact Vibe for personal guidance and support.
Activities to complete
Complete the following activities, earn badges and you will see your playlist progress updated